Friday, 29 October 2010

Don't Dream it.... Be it!

I would like, if I may, to take you on a strange journey......

On my birthday in 2003 a small group of us went to see The Rocky Horror Show. Just before the show started this is what happened.....

He had "the ring to prove that he's no joker"

Yep, this is the moment where AJ got down on one knee and asked me to marry him!

We now have a long running love affair with The Rocky Horror Show, we have seen it many times and even (to my Mum's initial bemusement) named the tables at our wedding reception after Rocky Characters. Our Rocky Fan friends were the "Riff Raff" at the back!

We thought about having the Timewarp as our first dance but we decided against it. It didn't stop us later in the evening though.



For AJ's birthday in 2008 we went to Oakley Court Hotel in Windsor. This is where the film was shot and where the Official UK RHS fan club holds an annual picnic.
Didn't we pass a castle a few miles back?
We went not really knowing what to expect but we had a fantastic weekend, the picnic was great, we chatted to lots of other Rocky fans (and discovered we are nowhere near as big fans as we thought we were compared to some of them!) and it didn't rain!

We're at the back!
We even got to meet the man himself.....  Richard O'Brien
I created you, and I can break you just as easily!



8 comments:

  1. Some great halloween ideas here thanks! Love your blog design. Thanks for finding me. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the best proposal pics ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha, I love the Rocky Horror Show. One of my favourite nights out ever was with a group of friends when we went to an open-air screening, and I went as Magenta. What a brilliant proposal picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cool post! When I was little girl I saw this movie and fell in love with it. I know Mum wasn't sure whether to encourage my love for it, but soon realise I had no idea what was actually going on in regards to the sex and drugs. I just loved the songs!! She even took me to the stage show version! I still LOVE it.

    Great to discover new blogs thanks to the blog carnival. Pop over and visit bigwords one day x

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow that's awesome.

    Would definitely love to see it. Would love even moreso to get my OH dressed up for it, but I doubt that would happen... x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic! That's one of the best 'proposal' pics I've seen!

    Thanks for Rewinding at the Fibro!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know which song I'm going to be humming all afternoon :-)

    It's just a jump to the left...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I met my husband when I was playing Janet in The Rocky Horror Show!  He was in the audience.  It's a mad but brilliant production.  :-)

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails