Tuesday, 25 January 2011

Listography - Things I wish I could do.

This week for the Listography link up Kate  is asking everyone what the top five things they wish they could do are. Now there are lots of things I wish I could do, some sensible, some not so much and  some not even a vague possibility but in no particular order, here are my top five.

1. Speak Greek fluently - This comes into the sensible category. I know some very basic and random bits of Greek. I know the alphabet which is a good start but not really a whole lot of help in conversation.  Leo will go to Greek nursery and school so I don't just want to know how to order a beer or ask where the beach is, I want to be fluent.

2. Swim - I can swim, if by swim you mean not drown. What I would like to be able to swim properly. I do a strange mixture of swimming strokes, a sort of front crawl with my arms and something like the breastroke moves with my legs. It works, just looks a bit odd!

3. Whistle -I don't imagine this would really change my life, or even particularly enhance it, but I've tried and tried and I just can't do it.

4. Sew - Lets hope I'm never in a situation where I have to a sew a button on in order to save my life, I can't really see why that would happen but I couldn't guarantee I would survive. My Mum has tried and tried to teach me to sew but I just go into some sort of trance and accidentally stop listening.

5. Time travel - well, this could be more likely than me learning to sew!

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. I'll tell you what, if you'll put us up in Cyprus for two weeks, I bet I can teach you to sew in that time ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can sew...in the same way a five year old can sew. Namely it doesn't last five minutes in everyday use and looks like a minor car crash...

    Great list!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did pass your Brownie Sewing badge - but you also had a lovely Brown Owl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you'd do that for me? That's so kind ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's annoying isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, 5 year olds can sew? Great stuff only a few years before Leo can do it then!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ghostwritermummy9 October 2012 at 20:37

    I would like to be able to whistle too!
    XxX

    ReplyDelete
  8. With you on whistling. Why is such a simple-seeming thing so tricky to do in practice? Sigh.
    ~M

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails