I've been reading a lot of brilliant end of year / new year blog posts in the last few days and one of my favourites has been from Pixe's Mum at Doing it all for Aleyna She has been looking back over the last 10 years and reflecting on what she has achieved.
I was 22 as the new millennium dawned and that seems like a lifetime ago, as you can probably imagine my life is now very different. Over the years I think I've achieved quite a lot...........
- Realised I can live on my own and survive
- Travelled to Cuba, Mexico, Antigua, Ibiza, Turkey, Egypt, Tunisia, Menorca, and Cyprus :)
- Worked for nearly three years in a Travel Agents (hence the previous point!)
- Been a bridesmaid
- Got married to my lovely hubby
- Had a gorgeous baby boy
- Brought my first house with my hubby
- Sold first house and brought an apartment - a penthouse apartment with sea views no less!
- Emigrated to Cyprus
- Met Richard O'Brien (Rocky Horror Show creator)
- Met Timmy Mallet and got hit on the head with the big foam mallet! (ok, maybe not such an achievement!)
- Took an evening class in Learning Greek
- Stayed in one job for over five years.... previous best was almost three!
- Lost four stone in weight
- Came second in the Slimming World regional finals for Woman of the Year 2008
- Completed a course in Wedding Planning (now just need to do something with it!)
- Started a blog (and got 88 followers so far!)
Wonder what I'll be saying in 2020?