Sunday, 29 January 2012

Big night out!

As you probably know by now, I love a good night out and most exciting are the 'posh' ones!  I'm lucky in the fact that Aaron also loves a 'Black tie' event, and constantly despairs of those not doing properly. We love an excuse to dress up and we don't care who else is... New Years' Eve in our local pub Aaron wore his tuxedo and I a cocktail dress even though most other people were in jeans!

Aaron is one of the few people I know who owns his own tuxedo and he loves to have a reason to wear it so as this weekend saw the first Daxi Magazine Business Awards ceremony, and some of our friends nominated for awards we saw the perfect opportunity.  I wore a gorgeous dress, on loan from The Maternity Wardrobe.


Set up by business partners Carine and Uta, The Maternity Wardrobe offers glamorous dresses to own or borrow and offers free delivery and returns all over Cyprus. With fantastic customer service - including not only beautiful packaging (I'm a sucker for a bit of ribbon and tissue paper!) but getting a second dress to me within 24 hours after I realised I'd vastly underestimated the increase in the size of my boobs!)  they are the solution to every girls posh frock dilemmas!

It was lovely to get all dressed up and have a child free evening,


The evening was a success, and was the first of what is planned to be an annual event. The food was good, the alcohol was flowing, albeit not for me, and my only (very flimsy!) complaint would be that in my opinion piles of fruit does not make a desert - something sweet would have gone down very well, although had I been drinking I would have cared less about that!

It was a shame that our friends Mike and Claire were unable to make the awards, especially as they were nominated in two categories for their business MG Health and Fitness.  Also well done to Gemma from Performers Academy of Dance and Theatre Arts on being nominated too. Hopefully next year, we'll all be back and you're be collecting awards too!



This is not a sponsored post, I received a dress on loan from The Maternity Wardrobe but received no other payment and the opinions are my own.  You can find The Maternity Wardrobe on facebook, they also have a range of skincare, shoes, accessories and everyday wear and currently have a sale on!

7 comments:

  1. That's great that you both love to dress up posh! I have nice clothes that never get worn... Except rare special occasions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a good time, you look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you both enjoyed your special evening out. You look even more beautiful in that lovely dress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. MidlifeSinglemum9 October 2012 at 20:30

    It makes an evening so special when you make the effort to dress up - you look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emma you look stunning sooo beautiful! you are glowing. so glad you enjoyed a rare child free night out - make the most of them as will be harder with the 2nd one here too!!! xx

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails